6. Showgirl Awakening work lives at the intersection of Art, Spirit & Psyche.
7. The beauty is IN the mess. We’ve been taught to clean up messes, and to figure everything out. Not figuring it all out, rather making a choice and allowing the Life/Mystery full berth to respond, and taking the response. We’re not here to figure everything out. We’re here to get really good at making choices. And take what we get. That’s our art of the moment. And then we get to make a new choice!
8. Something about how we can be calm while not knowing, and while in the mess (and make art and make love with it).
9. Beauty is an expression of life’s longing for itself.
The Six Core Showgirl Awakening Movements ::
1. The medicine of the Shimmy (shoulder shimmies, butt shimmies, jazz hands) includes, but is not limited to ::
- Gently sloughing off what no longer serves you
- Activating your person print, which is the vibration that lives in dual columns of light in the very center of your body, one that reaches both from the center of the earth up to the heavens beyond where the eye can see, and the other that reaches from the heavens through the center of your body to the center of the earth. When activated, through shimmying, this “person print” of you (very similar to a fingerprint), expands to fill up more space (to fill a room, or a city, or even a country)
2. The medicine of Shaking (aka Bouncing) includes, but is not limited to ::
- Resolutely shaking off whatever is weighing you down (old feelings, others’ feelings, old thoughts, others’ thoughts, any story or experience of one’s own that is perseverating or any story or experience of another that is taken on as one’s own, consciously or unconsciously
- Sourcing Joy from the earth, up into the body
3. The medicine of Circling (making circles with parts, or all of, your body) includes, but is not limited to ::
- Magnetizing--or attracting--what you desire to you
- Hypnotizing (hipsnotizing...HA!)
4. The medicine of Twisting includes, but is not limited to ::
- Integrating the left and right hemispheres; integrating the Feminine & the Macsuline
5. The medicine of Extensions includes, but is not limited to ::
- Giving and Receiving; Revealing oneself; Extending oneself
6. The medicine of Stillness (the mother of all movement) includes, but is not limited to ::
- Integrating all the movements that came before it